There are Girls like Lions: Poems about Being a Woman (Poetry Anthology, Feminist Literature, Illustrated Book of Poems) (Hardcover)
An anthology of poems about the experience of being a woman
With 30 rousing and empowering poems: For mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, partners, and friends, There Are Girls Like Lions is a celebration of womanhood in all its dimensions, including love, beauty, friendship, motherhood, work, aging, and much more. This powerful collection of poems will resonate with any modern woman.
• Foreword by award-winning American poet Cole Swensen who has authored more than ten books of poetry
• Striking illustrations in metallic ink throughout
• With poems from a variety of women poets including Margaret Atwood, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Kimiko Hahn, Elisabeth Hewer, Rachel Zucker, Emily Dickinson, Naomi Shihab Nye, and more
Fans of the novel An American Marriage, The Future is Feminist, and Women of Resistance will be inspired and empowered by There are Girls Like Lions.
Discover 30 poems that honor and celebrate the experience of being a woman.
• Packaged in an attractive case with foil stamping ready to give or receive
• Great Mother's Day, birthday, or anytime gift for the strong women in your life
About the Author
Karolin Schnoor is an illustrator and designer based in New York City.
Cole Swensen is an award-winning poet, translator, editor, and professor. She is the author of 15 books of poetry, and teaches poetry and literature at Brown University in Rhode Island.