Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know (Paperback)
Perfect for Father’s Day, a critical read for all dads seeking to connect with their daughters and raise confident young women in today’s increasingly complicated world.
Drawing on her thirty years' experience practicing pediatric and adolescent medicine, teen health expert Dr. Meg Meeker explains why an active father figure is maybe the single most important factor in a young woman's development. In this invaluable guide, Meeker shows how a father can be both counsel and protector for his daughter as she grows into a spiritually and mentally strong young woman.
From cradling his newborn to walking her down the aisle, a father must relish his paramount responsibility—guiding the course of his daughter’s life. Meeker reveals
• How a man can become a "strong father"
• How a father's guidance influences every part of a woman's life, from her self-respect to her perspective on drugs, alcohol, and sex
• How to lay down ground rules that are respected without creating distance in your relationship with your daughter
• Why you need to be your daughter's hero
• The mistakes most fathers make—and the serious consequences
• How to help daughters make their own good decisions and avoid disastrous mistakes
• How a father's faith will influence his daughter's spiritual development
• How to get through to you daughter, even during her toughest don't-talk-to-me years
• True stories of daughters who were on the wrong path—and how their fathers helped to bring them back
Learn how to grow, strengthen, or rebuild your relationship with your daughter to better both your life and hers in the bestselling Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know.
About the Author
Meg Meeker, M.D., is the bestselling author of The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers; Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters; and Boys Should Be Boys. She has been a physician practicing pediatric and adolescent medicine, working with children and their parents, for more than thirty years. Dr. Meeker is the mother of four children and lives with her husband in northern Michigan.