Frommer's Easyguide to Washington, D.C. (Paperback)
Washington, D.C. can be an overwhelming destination for visitors. With so many museums, so many historic sights, so many working government buildings to see―not to mention its scintillating foodie and nightlife scenes―just coming up with a plan can be stressful.
That's where Frommer's comes in. We've hired local journalists to supply the advice and details you need to create the right vacation for you. These include strategies for seeing the iconic sights without fighting the crowds; places that only locals know about; and smart itineraries so you can make the most of your time in the city. Most importantly, this book was completely overhauled after the pandemic lockdowns to better reflect the city of today.
Frommer's EasyGuide to Washington, D.C. includes:
- Dozens of maps, including a handy fold-out map of the city and its underground train system to help you make the most efficient (and fun) use of your time in the Capitol
- Exact pricing and public transportation information for every listing in the book, so there's never any guessing
- Opinionated reviews which tell you which attractions are worth your time, and which will only be of interest to some visitors
- Star ratings that take value into account, and will help you find the right hotels, restaurants, nightspots and shops for you, in all price ranges
- Fun-to-follow, self-guided walking tours of DC's most intriguing neighborhoods
- 16-page photo guide with vibrant photographs, at the front of the book, plus black and white photos throughout
- Helpful planning advice for getting there, getting around, saving money, and getting the most from your trip
About Frommer's: There's a reason that Frommer's has been the most trusted name in travel for more than 60 years. Arthur Frommer created the bestselling guide series in 1957 to help American service members fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe. Since then, we have published thousands of titles, becoming a household name by helping millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer's.
About the Author
Jess Moss is a travel writer, editor, and photographer who has lived in Washington, D.C., for more than a decade. Her work has appeared in Conde Nast Traveler, AOL Travel, US News Travel, as well as a number of travel guides. In her spare time, you can find Jess running on the National Mall, hiking in Rock Creek Park, and cheering on Georgetown at basketball games.Originally from New York City, Kaeli Conforti grew up in Hawaii and Florida and then moved to Washington, D.C. following an epic 2-year Working Holiday Visa adventure in Australia and New Zealand. A seasoned travel writer and editor, her work has been featured in Budget Travel, Forbes, Business Insider, CNBC, Thrillist, and The Points Guy, among other sites.