Road Trip USA: Cross-Country Adventures on America's Two-Lane Highways (Paperback)
The Road Awaits!
Criss-cross the country on America's classic two-lane highways with Road Trip USA!
Inside Road Trip USA you'll find:
- A flexible network of route combinations color-coded and extensively cross-referenced to allow for hundreds of possible itineraries
- Mile-by-mile highlights celebrating the best of Americana, including roadside curiosities, parks, diners, and the local history and personality that makes each small town and big city unique
- Over 125 detailed driving maps covering more than 35,000 miles of classic American blacktop
- Full-color photos and illustrations of America both then and now
- Expert advice from road-warrior Jamie Jensen, who sped along nearly 400,000 miles of highway in search of the perfect stretches of pavement
- Insight into the heart of the great American road trip, as well as resources and suggestions for the best books to read as you explore the US
About the Author
Jamie Jensen was immersed in road trip culture from an early age. He grew up in Southern California, back when freeways were new, cheeseburgers cost a quarter, and every beach had a beachfront amusement park. After a three-year stint bumming around the country, making hay in Kansas, and ghostwriting a book for the Grateful Dead, Jamie set to work researching and writing Road Trip USA. Since then he's traveled more than 400,000 miles in search of the perfect stretch of two-lane blacktop. When not crisscrossing the country by car, he rides his bike whenever possible. Jamie lives with his wife, Catherine, and twin boys, Tom and Alex, in New York City, at the east end of the Lincoln Highway.