Basic Bioinformatics (Hardcover)
Leave any questions here and allow 3-5 business days for a response.
Bioinformatics is a computer-assisted interface discipline dealing with acquisition, storage, management, access and processing of biological data. Bioinformatics is useful in identifying genes in DNA sequences, in the study of structure and function of gene and protein sequences, in identifying families of related sequences, in aligning similar sequences and generating phylogenetic trees, in discovering drug targets, and in drug development.
This book is designed to provide the newcomer to bioinformatics with enough information to understand the principles of bioinformatic applications. It covers the following topics in a simple and concise manner:
- History and importance of bioinformatics.
- DNA, RNA and protein.
- Computers, Internet and World Wide Web.
- DNA and Protein Sequencing and Analysis.
- Sequence Alignment.
- Predictive Methods using DNA and Protein sequences.
- Homology and Phylogeny.
- Drug discovery and pharmainformatics.
- Procedures for hands on training.